Sunday, November 20, 2011

Transition

On Friday night we decided to transition Hannah from her Rock and Play Rocker in our room to her crib in the nursery without her being swaddled. We knew it was time, but had been delaying it because we were comforted that she was sleeping next to us.

For the whole week she has been napping in her Pack and Play or crib without being swaddled and she didn't really have a problem. I told myself this was going to be rough, and yes it has been.

Night 1 was a nightmare, she woke up every 45 minutes from 1230-6am and therefore Mommy and Daddy were also up and exhausted. She wasn't used to not being swaddled at night and having space to move around. She was crying a lot or extremely fussy. There were a few times I wanted to give in and just swaddle her, but Travis convinced me it wasn't a good idea. It was frustrating, overwhelming and a few tears on my part. We got through the night, but Hannah was very tired throughout the day.

Last night was Night 2 and she slept from 9-330am without waking up. She fell back to sleep quickly and woke up at 530am because she was hungry. Couldnt get her back down until 645am or
so. I'm exhausted and a bit frustrated and hope this week goes okay, as it wouldn't be easy going into work with 5 hours of sleep. I'm lucky to have a husband that keeps me sane, calm and reassures me we are doing the right thing and to push through.

Here's to hoping we have a smooth week!

No comments:

Post a Comment