Friday, January 21, 2011

Bed Rest

Pregnancy is supposed to be fun right?! Well at some points it can be, but to say the least the past 6 days have been scary and emotionally draining. The chaos started when I went to the ER last Saturday around midnight because I saw that I was bleeding. I was very shaken up, but I'm lucky to have a great husband who is as calm as can be. I had a sonogram done, and the baby was very active and moving around, so the doctor determined that everything was fine and told us not to worry. We ended up getting home from the ER around 4am and Travis woke up 3 hours later for church. I have no idea how he did it.


I rested all day on Sunday and went to work on Monday trying not to stress out about everything.  I had to go to my OB/GYN in the morning because I wasn't feeling right, well I am definitely glad that I went. It turns out I have an inflamed cervix, and my OB decided to put me on bed rest for a week. It scared me and I was a wreck because I am not the type that would enjoy being on bed rest. Travis quickly put me in check and told me that I would either be in bed, or on the couch because that's what my doctor ordered. Travis took over everything in the house, making breakfast and lunch for me, cooking dinner (he made chili for the first time!), cleaning, doing dishes, he even took down our 8 foot Christmas tree all by himself. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband, but it is driving me crazy that I can't do anything!


To occupy myself I have been watching a lot of tv, using my laptop, taking naps during the day (which is the one thing I have loved!), and trying not to do anything around the house. I have gotten yelled at numerous times by Travis to sit down and try not to clean up. My mother-in-law is here now and cooking up a storm and tackled our massive amount of laundry which we are both grateful for. I am looking forward to bed rest being over Sunday and everything hopefully being okay and back to normal. I will be 17 weeks on Sunday! I am praying for the rest of my pregnancy to be uneventful, and I look forward to Baby Yee being healthy and happy!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and that this time in bed goes by quickly. I spent most of my pregnancy with my oldest in bed... from 13 weeks until 37 when he was born. Take care of yourself and the baby!!

    ReplyDelete