Tuesday, January 11, 2011

We are Pregnant!!

Travis and I are expecting a baby on July 3, 2011! It feels so good that everyone finally knows. We are so excited, and decided to start this blog to keep our family and friends up to date about what is going on in our lives, the joys and lows of pregnancy and all the fun things life has to offer. 

We first found out that I was pregnant on October 20, 2010, and I had my first OB/GYN appointment about a week later. My OB determined that I was going to be due on June 19, 2010 which happened to be Father's Day, which we were very happy about. My first sonogram was on November 9th, and it was absolutely amazing to see. 
The tiny heartbeat was beating on the screen, and we couldn't believe that was the baby. I think at that point it had finally hit me that I was pregnant. Three days later my OB determined that I was earlier than he thought I originally was because the baby was measuring at 6 weeks. So now my new due date is July 3rd, so we could possibly have a holiday baby!

I've had several appointments and everything seems to be going very well so far. I haven't experienced much morning sickness, but the fatigue has been horrendous. The first 10 weeks were the worst, and I wasn't sleeping much. I rarely sleep through the night anymore, I thought I was supposed to always be tired! I had my first trimester ultra screening on December 15th and Baby Yee is right on track and healthy.
Not sure why I can't rotate this pic!
We will be finding out the sex of the baby hopefully by the beginning of February. So anxious about it, can't wait to know! I already have themes in mind for the nursery depending on the sex of the baby.

Can't wait to meet Baby Yee! That's all for now, still trying to get used to writing on this thing. I'm sure you will hear from Travis at some point!

Phyllis

3 comments:

  1. I love your excitement- I remember those times well :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool that you will have this record to look back on. I've forgotten all the emotions and wonderfulness of having my first child!

    Love it...cute too.

    ReplyDelete