Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hannah's Baptism

Hannah was baptized on August 21st into God's family. It was a wonderful experience and Travis & I were looking forward to it for weeks. We had even begun planning it before she was born because we knew it was going to be very special for our family. 

The weekend was definitely a whirlwind! We had Jace (the Godfather), Jana, and Krista staying with us for a few days, the house was cleaned from top to bottom, we hosted a PreBaptism BBQ the night before with our friends & family, got everything set up (favors, centerpieces, tables), and also prepared for our vacation to North Carolina because we were leaving the Monday after the Baptism. I was stressed beyond belief especially since we were having a big amount of people at our house. Lucky enough we were having it catered, so cooking was out of the question for me.

All in all it ended up being a great day with a lot of good memories made! The most special was witnessing Travis baptize our daughter. I know this was something that meant so much to him as a father and a pastor. It was an emotional experience for him as well as for me. Church service was packed! It will be a dear memory we will never forget. Once that was finished we moved on to the party!




After all the stress of preparing for it the party went out without a hitch. Brian, who is the Head Elder at our church and is also a chef catered the party for us. Travis and him came up with the bright idea of smoking a 45 lb. pig! I was disgusted by the idea for the most part especially when I saw it on my deck at 7am in the morning before it was BBQed.
When I tasted I finally gathered up the courage to taste it, it was so delicious! All the dishes were so good, we had a feast! I couldn't of been more happier with the food, everyone was complimenting how good everything tasted.

Hannah was passed around all day! She definitely had a wonderful time seeing everyone, she will never remember it but it was a great experience for her. She was pooped by the end of the night and went to bed easily. I'm so glad we decided to have the party at our house. Even though it was so much work, I would do it again in a heartbeat. We are thinking about having her 1st Birthday Party here, and I'm already brainstorming themes, especially since she was born on the 4th of July!

Here are a few other pictures from the day!
Pooped beyond belief!

Chrissy(Godmother), The Yee's, and Jace(Godfather)

The pig getting cut!

Hannah's beautiful cake! God Bless Hannah Grace!





No comments:

Post a Comment