Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What I've Learned About Motherhood

Being a mother is the most rewarding and incredible feeling I will ever have. There is no feeling to describe how much you love your little bundle of joy. But let's face it, motherhood isn't easy and peachy-keen all the time. Some days are downright tough and you feel like you aren't cut out for it. But in the end you learn new things day by day and as long as Hannah is growing and happy that's the most important thing to me!

Here is what I've learned about motherhood in the past month:

  1. Waking up to see Hannah and watch her smile in her sleep makes my heart fill with joy.
  2. Pee and poop become a part of your every day vocabulary with your husband.
  3. Hearing your baby cry and not being able to figure out how to comfort them is so exhausting and frustrating after you go through the diaper change, feeding, and burping them for gas.
  4. Pacifiers are my new best friend!
  5. Cutting Hannah's nails freak me out beyond belief and I only try to do it when she starts scratching her face because I'm nervous I'm going to cut her skin open.
  6. Not every child loves their swing!!
  7. The "witching hour" or Hannah's fussy time is from 7-10pm, so tv is usually off limits and our shows are always DVRed.
  8. Your clothes are never clean once you have a baby, they either pee, poop or spit up on you!
  9. Hannah has more laundry than Travis and I combined. I'm doing her laundry at least 3-4 times a week, shoot me!!
  10. You check on your baby throughout the night to see if they are breathing. Travis thinks I'm paranoid but I do it almost every night when I go to bed and if I wake up throughout the night.
  11. Leaving the house is now a huge process, and it's hard not to be late anywhere.
  12. Hearing your child laugh for the first time is so wonderful, it's worth getting up at 4am to feed and change her!
  13. Breastfeeding is not easy and is not for everyone.
  14. When your baby naps you get more done in your house than you ever did in a day before you were pregnant.
  15. Through all the ups and downs I wouldn't trade being Hannah's mommy for anything! She is the light of our lives and makes everything worth while!



1 comment:

  1. 4 and 14...how well I remember those days! Blessings on you and your family!

    ReplyDelete